Sunday, November 14, 2010

The Sly Collection + SLY 4?!

The Sly Cooper trilogy has long been high on my list of favorite games. I remember getting the first game, Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus...I absolutely ADORED that game. And I remember the high levels of happiness when Sly 2: Band of Thieves and Sly 3: Honor Among Thieves came out. I loved the styles of the games, the worlds you got to explore in each, and honestly, the gameplay was fun as hell. Learning new tricks and techniques and ninja-ing around was amazing. (I won't lie; throughout all three games I'm more than partial to Sly. I don't really like playing as the other characters...though randomly turning the Guru into a wheel of cheese WAS amusing.) I just loved the games quite thoroughly, they were...I think the way I'm starting to ramble on shows it. They were simply good games.

So now they have the Sly Collection out, and THAT looks pretty cool - I mean, come on, the epic detail and graphics of Sly Cooper...only better. Yeah.

But that's not why I'm bringing this up now.

THIS is why I'm bringing this up now:



According to the footage of this video, they're "possibly" making a fourth Sly Cooper. Which was somewhat hinted at at the end of Honor Among Thieves, if you think about it, it was like "The end...or is it?" in the way it was played out, if I remember.

By the way, I couldn't really tell the first time I watched it, but looking at that lantern over thar...could it possibly be...Japan? FINALLY?

If this is true (and from what people are saying it looks like it probably is), this is awesome. Because...I know they say all good things must come to an end, but if Sucker Punch can work this out, if they can somehow make a good sequel to this, then by all means, they should. They did after the second game, after all - I honestly never saw how they could work that out, and yet, they did. This time it's just as conclusive-looking (at the end of Sly 3 I mean)...or IS it? Sucker Punch really knows their stuff.

I earnestly hope that Sly 4 is true...because I'm looking forward to it already.

No comments:

Post a Comment