Saturday, November 13, 2010

Iria: Zeiram the Animation

Talk about confusing. I got to watch a bit of this series without really knowing anything about it, and boy, was I lost! My friend watched it with me, and we were both completely clueless as to what was going on. Not to mention some of the physics, quirks, and logic didn't totally add up for us. It wasn't that great, really...

I did some research on it (translated, Wikipedia tiem!) and it turns out that it's an OVA. It also turns out that it's a prequel, which explains why it was a bit confusing. It shows the characters of a live-action movie known as Zeiram years before; namely, it shows the bounty hunter Iria, the main character, "as a rookie," as the Wikipedia article puts it.

To me, this kind of reminds me of the manga for Scrapped Princess. Without reading the novels or...whatever it was that manga was based off of, I honestly don't remember anymore, you're lost. I should know, the pace was breakneck and nothing was explained. In hindsight, Iria was a bit like that.

I did find an aspect of the character designs interesting, though. A lot of characters had little...I don't know how to really explain them. They were like little decorative caps on their hair.

No comments:

Post a Comment