Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Nonni's Triple Milk Chocolate Biscotti

Chocolate Biscotti + 110cal.

I'll admit it, the chocolate high for relatively few calories (considering some of the decadent things one can get) is what drew me in. What took me so long to try one was a trick of my own eyes: when I took the tray of long biscotti out of the box, I only counted four, magically neglecting to count the second four behind them.

The biscotti are hard, as to be expected. They are not horribly hard, but give some resistance before breaking -- they are not completely brittle, either. The hardness of the biscotti is offset by drizzled chocolate -- a zigzag on top and a coating on the bottom. These help the texture feel softer without the aid of milk or coffee (which are common complements to biscotti).

At 880--I mean, 110 calories, these four-inch biscotti are quite a treat. Those 110 may soon become 880 despite the barrier of individual wrappers.

No comments:

Post a Comment