Saturday, February 11, 2012

Starburst Sweet Fiesta

Because I need justification for candy. XD

Cherry Mango - I remember when I had my first of these, I was hard-pressed to figure out what made it different from how I remembered the normal cherry flavor being. Though it'd been a while, it had much the same taste -- the juice/darkness of cherry. Having a second one, though, I tasted a burst of mango-ish flavor in the juicy note, which then panned out to cherry.


Peach Guava - This is a strange one. It starts with a slight peachy burst and a flavor I find unfamiliar (guessing that'd be the guava) but quickly pans to something that tastes like a citrusy sour peach. I'm giving it a bad spin, but the peach was too much on the tangy/sour side, or the guava made it that way, I'm not sure.

Melon Berry - The smell of melon is apparent as soon as you open it. The berry tang is apparent once you bite down, but the melon and the berry don't mix too well. It's almost like eating a chewy watermelon Jolly Rancher -- that's what the melon part tastes like -- with a sour/bitter berry aftertaste. Watermelon Jolly Rancher is tolerable on its own, more or less, but the berry hurts more than helps it.

Strawberry Pineapple - I'm sure the pineapple gave a little boost/complement to the sweetness of the strawberry, but I didn't particularly notice it. This was definitely my favorite of the bunch, though. Unsurprising, since I'm a sucker for strawberry.

No comments:

Post a Comment