Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Jewel BEM Hunter Lime

At first, I was drawn to this anime because it was deep in the corner, in the "I have never even heard of this before" category. So, out of curiosity, I pulled it out. The story had to do with a magic user, Lime, who must recover seven magical jewels. Or something. With her partner Bass, a blue-skinned, three-eyed humanoid that has to hide in human form and has a perverted streak enviable of any anime character, the angel-winged Lime must transform into various outfits and go incognito to find and recover the jewels. Which turn into monsters that are absolutely freakin' adorable chibi object things. So basically, adorable chibi things + cute, buxom babe + perverted jokes everywhere. And Bass constantly falls/gets run over/etc. I lost count of the craters he made. And that was just episode 1. A good example of your run-of-the-mill over-the-top, fanservicey, quirky anime, at the very least. Unfortunately I only had access to a little of the animation so I can't honestly give a formed opinion on story...it's not epic or anything, but seems straightforward, at least. ...Did I mention fanservicey? I think I keep on understating that.

No comments:

Post a Comment